60% of Americans have personal experience with adoption.
The Garcia’s were a Hispanic family with one young daughter.
They very much... Read More
A Good Heart and a Stable Home
Our foster parents are a diverse group of men and women who share a desire to see young people succeed. Our youth are looking for adults who:
- Genuinely enjoy spending time with children and teens
- Want to offer youth opportunities for fun
- Believe in children and teens
- Have a sense of humor
- Don’t expect kids to be perfect
Different parents for different kids
Boys & Girls Aid welcomes dependable foster parents who can make short or long term commitments. Whether you are single, partnered or married; live in an apartment or house; work inside or outside of the home; you may be just what our children need.
Think you’re ready for the next step? Here’s a quick checklist to see.
- I am at least 21 years old
- All adults living in my home will become a certified foster parent
- All persons 16 years and older living in my home will pass a criminal history check
- My home has at least one licensed driver with a safe driving record
- Our home has a separate bedroom for youth in foster care
- I can demonstrate financial stability and have a current source of income
- I am able to attend three full weekend days of training prior to certification
- I am able to transport youth during the week to our agency locations in either SW or SE Portland
- Once certified, I am able to attend monthly Foster Parent meetings on the third Tuesday of each month