Gifts in Kind
Boys & Girls Aid is grateful for your in-kind support. With limited storage and staffing resources to manage donated items, we only accept items that we can put to use immediately to help kids. That means you’ll always want to call us first to be sure we can accept your generous donation. Also, we are unable to accept any used, gently used or previously worn items.
To help guide you, below is a list of our “most wanted” resources – those we can usually accept, as well as a list of items we most often have to decline. See where your donation fits! And be sure to check our regularly updated “wish list” that includes our immediate and urgent in-kind needs.
NEW NEED: Stationary bike for girls residential program
We can most often put these gifts to immediate use—but be sure to call to confirm.
- Passes for movies, bowling, roller skating, sporting events, museums or other recreational activities
- New clothes for teens and pre-teens- underwear, socks, slippers, swim suits (one-piece only) and shorts, pajamas, rain gear, gloves, hats, sweatpants or warm-up style
- Toiletries- shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, lotion, shaving creams, hair dryers, make-up, nail polish, etc.
- Journals- new, blank (non spiral)
- Books- mystery novels, sci-fi, young adult fiction
- Art and craft supplies
- Fun items appropriate for teens and pre-teens -DVDs, games, puzzles and cards
- New household items-bedding, kitchenware, unbreakable dishes, pots and pans, etc.
Most Often Declined
For a number of reasons, we are unable to accept the following gifts:
- Furniture, mattresses, televisions, exercise equipment
- Baby and infant items- toys, clothing, car seats, etc.
- Items with sharp edges or glass
- Any items that are primarily blue or red
Boys & Girls Aid is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The donor is responsible for setting the value on the gift-in-kind donation.